The dream kream - a decadent night kream that works hard so you don’t have to.
Containing peptides that target shallow, deep, horizontal, and vertical lines, this moisturizer also strengthens and repairs the skin while you sleep.
1. Ceramide NS
Restore natural lipids and captures & retains water that the epidermis needs to stay supple, smooth and moisturized = younger-looking skin that is functionally healthier.
Provides outstanding hydration but without a greasy finish or feel – think a skin-like finish.
3. Collaxyl® IS
A collagen hexapeptide clinically proven to significantly reduce the length and depth of wrinkles. Decreases wrinkle size and help speed epidermal repair (skin cell renewal). Enhances collagen production.
4. Matrixyl Morphomics
Reduces vertical lines (frowns in forehead 'elevens', smile lines and crows’ feet) by rebooting the skin connections (structural framework of connective tissues) which stimulates collagen production.
5. Vital ET
Phosphate form of vitamin e, much more stable so does not break down over time and its effectiveness is longer lasting. Properties include reduction of irritation of the skin and reducing the appearance of redness and inflammation.
The dream kream is a great addition to any nighttime routine – which is important for maintaining good skin health. During the day, your skin becomes prone to build-up of environmental elements and increases dirt and oil on the surface. While your daytime routine focuses on protecting your skin, your nighttime routine focuses on restoring your skin. Focusing on restoration allows your skin to be more durable during the day and keep damaging factors like the sun, wind, stress and debris from penetrating the epidermal layer and allows your skin to stay clear and firm.
So, what products should you have in your nighttime routine?
- Kleanser - a good kleanser removes impurities from your skin and provides a clean slate for all other products
- Toner - ensure your skin is balanced and at its optimal pH to allow high performing products to be effective
- High-performance products - products with active ingredients have the opportunity to work well as your skin's natural defence system is down and these products aren't competing with external factors, this is also a good time to use any products that may cause photosensitivity
- Moisturizer - as sebum production reduces and the skin reaches its highest temperatures at night (making it acidic & dry) your skin becomes prone to dryness & irritation while sleeping, a rich moisturizer (SPF free!) will keep your skin nourished & hydrated.
While you sleep your skin is repairing and regenerating. While you sleep:
- Cell renewal rates nearly double
- Collagen production increases
- Cell damage is being reversed
- Melanin production increases providing anti-ageing and repairs UV-induced damage
- Cortisol (stress-hormone) decreases allowing the skin to repair daytime damage
- Blood flow increases
- Body temperature rises as it repairs and regenerates, leading to moisture loss.
When you are in deep sleep, your body repairs and regrows tissues, builds bone & muscle and strengthens the immune system. As you get older, you sleep more lightly and get less deep sleep – ageing is also linked to shorter time spans of sleep. Lack of sleep and the presence of stress can negatively impact collagen production. Collagen forms the structure of the skin, which keeps it looking fresh, firm, and young. During the restorative cycles of sleep, your body produces collagen.
While sleeping, your skincare products work better as your skin can focus on repairing itself and not defending itself! Your blood flow is more consistent, and your products don’t have to compete with the effects of sunlight. Additionally, your skin benefits from skin-replenishing ingredients in your products as the skin barrier is down as it is relaxed and safe from harmful environmental elements.
Sweet dreams and happy skin!